Windows Server on LattePanda - Driver issues

A place to talk about all the Operating Systems, Software & Hardware
Forum rules

- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.

- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting an TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup".

- Members are asked to post in English only so that posts can be well received and properly monitored.

- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.

- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.

- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.

- If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.

Thank you for visiting LattePanda.com!
valentin

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi,

I bought a LattePanda (4G-64GB) quite recently and my goal is to install a Windows Server 2012R2 on it.
Which I successfully did…

The issues I have are drivers related. I have downloaded the one you have provided for Win10 via Google Drive and also I tried the (same ones) from DFRobot.
First, the drivers you provide are not signed so Windows server is very reluctant to install it (for a good reason). But I found a way around it, booting in safe mode.

Even though most of them don’t work on my system:
- Intel® HID Event Filter, Intel Serial IO GPIO Controller, Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller, Intel Serial IO SPI Controller, Intel Serial IO UART Controller, Intel Sideband Fabric Device :
“Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware” (Code 37)
- Intel SST Audio Device (WDM): This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start (Code 51)

No driver that work for the:
- Arduino Leonardo
- Wifi
- The usb Ethernet adapter

That leaves me with no network connectivity witch render the whole thing useless to me.
Can someone help please ?

(I would add a screenshot but attachment does not work, it keep redirect me to the login screen ....)

valentin

Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

I forgot to mention : I did try to install the Realtek USB FE Familly Controller driver but it does not work.
The error message:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (code 37)
{Wrong Type}
There is mismatch between the type of object required by the requested operation and the type of object that is specified in the request.

I also tried to find a driver in the Realtek's website like this one:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false
Which does not work either ....

schluej

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:44 am

Moin Moin,
Have you try to download the 64 driver set and install it on the Server with the install.bat?
Live long and prosper!
Joern

valentin

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I did tried:
- To install them using the batch file, I retried and here a screenshot of the result: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0qgZ- ... sp=sharing
- To install them without
Both way lead to the same result …

Regards

il.canty

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi Valentin, i'm sorry for the dumb question, but how do you installed and successfully booted a Windows Server on the LP? Have you slipstreamed some drivers in the installation image or selected them at the installation time ?
I'm trying to install Hyper-V core, I succesfully install it on the internal 64G flash but at the first reboot I have an "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" like the internal flash is not recognized anymore.

Could you help me ?

thanks in advance, il.canty

valentin

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi il.canty, here the steps

- I have prepared my usb key to be bootable with uefi bios : https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Cr ... in_Windows
- Then I copied the content of the windows server iso
- You have to go to the lattepanda bios and enable the ahci mode (i think this is the missing step for you)
- Then boot on you usb device and install as usual

Regards

uozalp

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm running windows server 2012r2 with the hyper-v role installed..

Network driver is installed, network driver was never a issue for me.. But most of the other drivers are not detected

valentin

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:42 am

Hi uozalp,

Could you describe the procedure you've followed, so I can compare and find out where I have to do thing differently please ?

uozalp

Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:30 pm

I just used those posted by lattepanda on this forum.

Google "Install_USB_Win8_8.1_8013_03212014" thats the network driver I used, I know it says USB! just install it.

These 2 drivers are the only ones I could install.. I dont care about the rest, it's pretty stable and my win2012r2 server is working fine :)

Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface
Install_USB_Win8_8.1_8013_03212014

valentin

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:36 am

Thx for the reply Uozalp,
None of the drivers provided by hte lattepanda teams works for me ....