If you're having trouble with your LattePanda, here's the place to get help.
Forum rules
    Post technical issues here.

- Discussion tone should be kept polite and focused on facts
    - Vulgar language or flaming constitutes an instant ban
    - Please note we cannot support PM requests for help
    - Members are asked to post in English only so that posts can be well received and properly monitored
    - You can find the RMA guide [here]
    - Please check if your question has already been answered before opening a new thread. If it has not, please verify the following:

- Have you tried a hard reset?
    - Are you using a [email protected]+ power supply and a high quality USB cable?
    - Have you tried powering the board through the CN2 headers?
    - Have you tried a cooling solution such as a fan or heatsink?
    - Have you tried reinstalling drivers?
    - Have you tried reloading the operating system?
    - Have you tried flashing the BIOS?
    - Are you able to flash the BIOS at the hardware level?

If you have not found a solution, post a new issue. To speed up the process please let us know:
    - Have you tried the solutions listed above?
    - What board are you using? Standard (2GB RAM/32GB eMMC) or Enhanced (4GB RAM/64GB eMMC)?
    - Have you tried any other solutions?
    - How long have you had your board for?
    - When did you first boot your board?
    - Did it work ok before the issue occurred or has the issue always been there?
    - Use images and videos to help us understand the issue where possible

If you are seeking RMA:
    - Please open a new topic rather than hijacking someone else's thread
    - Mark RMA posts with [DEFECTIVE] + <helpful description of issue>. We can then approve/disapprove each request
    - Completed RMA cases will be marked with [CLOSED]
    You can find the RMA guide [here]

Resolved Issues
    - If you manage to fix an issue, please share your solution for the good of the community. It could help someone else in future.
    - If an issue is resolved the thread should be marked as [RESOLVED]. We can then sticky the thread to help people in future.

What does troubleshooting support?
    - Hardware queries
    - Hardware issues that weren’t caused by you, e.g DOA board
    - Windows 10 specific issues
    by LattePanda Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am
    For those of you having power issues I would recommend this.
    Make a Barrel Jack adapter and power the board via CN2 headers

The microUSB port can only handle limited current which explains some of the power issues some guys have reported on here. The CN2 pins can handle much more.
    Actually, you can use any 5V and GND enabled pins on the board as they are all on the same rail

26 AWG Dupont Wires

DC Barrel Jack Adapter - Female

Take 2 jumpers (Red for VCC and black for GND if you are a purist)
    Remove the casing from the male end (or cut off and tin ends with solder if you prefer)
    Insert in to Female Jack's screw terminals
    Connect female ends to CN2 headers on your LattePanda
    Find your favorite barrel connector power supply (I used a [email protected] one with compatible jack)
    Connect and enjoy.

IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 3380 times

Using this setup I was able to power my LP, watch all of season 5 of Breaking Bad off a 2.5" external HDD, powered only by the LP's USB. Actually, I was able to connect 2 external hard drives without issue.
    And I left it on over night with heavyload running, which it coped with fine. This was with screen output through HDMI.

Inserting an SD card knocked one of the HDDs out, but this is largely down to the current of my power supply. Using a 4A+ power supply will allow you to use all peripherals on your LP and then some.

Hope this can help someone.
    by Eric Kazer Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31 pm
    Hi,
    The CN2 connector is a good idea. I've been trying to get it to run on a cell phone power bank. I had to use a Power Juice endurance AC 12,000 mAh battery with 3.4 amp output. The unit is running on it, but w/4.6 min voltage. this is through a standard USB cable to the jack. I think it can run down to 4.5, but not anything lower. I will try the CN2 method with USB cable, or cables from batt. to CN2. Also with my Raspberry Pi 3 PSU the lattepanda run at 5.1 under load from emulation. This is with High Performance hack running 1.44 to 1.86 GHz. I also have a 4700uf cap to help with surging. The cap is on CN2. Hope to find a better way to get it to run on battery. This is with 7 inch display. Xarcade, 128 GB USB stick, USB Hub, USB Sound Card & WiFi adapter because I clean installed Windows 10 from flash drive. All on USB 2. Runs stable on battery. Voltage concerns me. A little low on battery with USB cable.

I also want to say more like 2.5 amp + on PSU via USB B. Voltage 5.25. PSU gets warm. Other Notes: Also Running Fan and Heatsinks. Runs 50c to 70c while emulating MAME.
    by joyce973 Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:19 pm
    Hi, I'm having some power issues with my Lattepanda 2g/32g + Win10 + 7" display/touchscreen: sometimes, randomly the board shuts off.
    I have read your advise and ask you if it would be a good solution for me as well.
    Thank you
    Antonio
    by LattePanda Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:41 am
    joyce973 wrote:Hi, I'm having some power issues with my Lattepanda 2g/32g + Win10 + 7" display/touchscreen: sometimes, randomly the board shuts off.
    I have read your advise and ask you if it would be a good solution for me as well.
    Thank you
    Antonio

yes i would recommend it.
    by GhostMaster55 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:51 pm
    LattePanda wrote:For those of you having power issues I would recommend this.

The microUSB port can only handle limited current which explains some of the power issues some guys have reported on here. The CN2 pins can handle much more.
    Actually, you can use any 5V and GND enabled pins on the board as they are all on the same rail

26 AWG Dupont Wires

Remove the casing from the male end (or cut off and tin ends with solder if you prefer)
    Find your favorite barrel connector power supply (I used a [email protected] one with compatible jack)
    Connect and enjoy.

IMG_0604.JPG

Using this setup I was able to power my LP, watch all of season 5 of Breaking Bad off a 2.5" external HDD, powered only by the LP's USB. Actually, I was able to connect 2 external hard drives without issue.
    And I left it on over night with heavyload running, which it coped with fine. This was with screen output through HDMI.

Inserting an SD card knocked one of the HDDs out, but this is largely down to the current of my power supply. Using a 4A+ power supply will allow you to use all peripherals on your LP and then some.

What do the green wires do? I was wondering about that as I'm going to use the CM2 Pins as I'm waiting on the US Starter kit to still ship.
    by LattePanda Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:30 am
    GhostMaster55 wrote:

26 AWG Dupont Wires

Connect and enjoy.

IMG_0604.JPG

What do the green wires do? I was wondering about that as I'm going to use the CM2 Pins as I'm waiting on the US Starter kit to still ship.

don't quite understand what green wires you are referring to, could you clarify?
    by GhostMaster55 Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:19 am
    LattePanda wrote:
    GhostMaster55 wrote:

26 AWG Dupont Wires

Connect and enjoy.

IMG_0604.JPG

don't quite understand what green wires you are referring to, could you clarify?

On your picture there are two other wires connected to your CN2 headers, I was wondering if that's for anything necessary, because my panda keeps crashing on Win10 Setup. I've posted my problem in detail here: http://www.lattepanda.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1084&p=4712#p4712.
    by thanos_37 Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:47 pm
    Hello LP Team...

i am using for my robotic project a 12v/ 5AH Lead aced Battery with a 5V, 6A Step-Down Voltage Regulator.. I use 2 jumpers and i connect it to 5v and GND (as the the photo show), but it doesn't turn on... any help? :?:

RoboticsArt
    by LattePanda Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:33 am
    thanos_37 wrote:Hello LP Team...

i am using for my robotic project a 12v/ 5AH Lead aced Battery with a 5V, 6A Step-Down Voltage Regulator.. I use 2 jumpers and i connect it to 5v and GND (as the the photo show), but it doesn't turn on... any help? :?:

Create a new topic for this please.