[DISCUSSION] HDMI/Display/Touchscreen

A place to talk about all the Operating Systems, Software & Hardware
Forum rules

- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.

- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting an TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup".

- Members are asked to post in English only so that posts can be well received and properly monitored.

- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.

- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.

- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.

- If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.

Thank you for visiting LattePanda.com!
tony359

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:53 pm

hi Rudy

are you still around? Can you tell me which driver did you install please?

Josh Harold

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Hello I love my latte panda but I use a 5 inch 40 pin screen hooked up to a driver board and it uses up the HDMI port and I was woundering if I could get a 5 inch screen that would not use the HDMI port and connect say to a header or the plug they have to use there 7 inch screen

Josh Harold

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:11 pm

is there any plan for a 5 inch touchscreen or maby a connector from the port already used for the 7 inch one to a normal 40 pin screen

mmwaveguy

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 pm

If they would publish the screen pin-outs, as I have asked, then you might be able to find something that works.

codefriar

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Is the DSI port compatible with the Raspberry Pi DSI port?

keekje

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:55 am

Hi,
So a while back I received my panda and is a great little machine. I ordered the IPS panel with my panda but it seems the supplied USB adapter can't handle it. When I have my IPS panel connected the panda boots into windows but when I start doing something / CPU gets used the panda turns of like there is not enough power.

I live in Europe so the adapter that came with the panda is not suited for me since its only for USA outlets. I've bought a 'converter' to support my EU socket. Unfortunately, the power does not seem to be enough.

So what ampere / voltage adapters do you guys recommend?

LattePanda
Site Admin

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:51 am

2 should be easy, just need to connect one to the fpc connection and one to the hdmi. have not tried 3...
post results if you try!

as this is a technical post i will move it to the technical discussion, please post anything technical on this board
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

LattePanda
Site Admin

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 am

Good point.We have some recommended power adapters on our Docs.Like AUKEY USB Wall Charger .It has the Euro Standard version too
https://www.amazon.de/AUKEY-Ladeger%C3% ... ords=AUKEY
We will add the amazon link in our page then.

LattePanda
Site Admin

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:34 am

LattePanda
Site Admin

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:22 am

LattePanda MIPI Connector screenshot.PNG
LattePanda MIPI Connector screenshot.PNG (57.54 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
there you go.