I have 4/64 Z8300 with strong power supply (5V 30A )
and other needed parts. I have been trying not to get crazy with linux, EFİ, boot, grub stuffs for days.
So far I'm at that stage:
- Tried to use dual both with Windows, couldn't succeed. I saw, some use "remove Windows and install Ubuntu" choice, but didn't appeared on mine. Then I removed everything about Windows.
- Advanced options for Ubuntu has 4 different Kernels with 3 options for each: normal, upstart, recovery mode (also have "GNU Grub version 2.02^beta2-36ubuntu3.17" as title at top)
- 4.13.0-37-generic | 126.96.36.199-generic | 4.12.0-rc1-panda
| I somehow installed those famous 2 different Kernels from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFued1mRx2o
Those are the results for some of those selections:
- None of the Kernel options boots into ubuntu. Stucks at some point.
- 4.13.0-37-generic and 4.13.0-36-generic have same behaviors: When booting normal mode, after some ubuntu logo animation, ends up with error:
/dev/mmcblk0p2: clean 237476/3530752 files, 2392055/14109184 blocks
- 4.13.0-3*-generic (recovery mode) works fine, comes with a recovery menu. I can enter to the system over here by console. That's how I installed those 4.4 and 4.12 Kernel drivers into system
- 4.12.0-rc1-panda normal selection goes into black screen with blinking cursor only. Then says:
Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
bla bla bla...
ALERT! UUID=9ce...-....-...-...... does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
(I'm not writing full of it because it's a very common error type that you probably know)
For solution, from some websites, I found and tried over using recovery console of 4.13.0-36-generic:
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt
sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
sudo chroot /mnt
sudo update-initramfs -u -k 4.8.0-44-generic
It must not be that hard! I couldn't count how many times I installed Ubuntu and used boot-repair tools, efibootmgr, recovery mode, update-initramfs, update-grub, editing grub.cfg file, changing bios settings...
I could provide any info you want from the system if I can... Pls Help