LattePanda doesn't boot. Constant Red light blinking

If you're having trouble with your LattePanda, here's the place to get help.
Forum rules
    Post technical issues here.

    - Discussion tone should be kept polite and focused on facts
    - Vulgar language or flaming constitutes an instant ban
    - Please note we cannot support PM requests for help
    - Members are asked to post in English only so that posts can be well received and properly monitored
    - You can find the RMA guide [here]
    - Please check if your question has already been answered before opening a new thread. If it has not, please verify the following:


    - Have you tried a hard reset?
    - Are you using a 5V@2A+ power supply and a high quality USB cable?
    - Have you tried powering the board through the CN2 headers?
    - Have you tried a cooling solution such as a fan or heatsink?
    - Have you tried reinstalling drivers?
    - Have you tried reloading the operating system?
    - Have you tried flashing the BIOS?
    - Are you able to flash the BIOS at the hardware level?

    If you have not found a solution, post a new issue. To speed up the process please let us know:
    - Have you tried the solutions listed above?
    - What board are you using? Standard (2GB RAM/32GB eMMC) or Enhanced (4GB RAM/64GB eMMC)?
    - Have you tried any other solutions?
    - How long have you had your board for?
    - When did you first boot your board?
    - Did it work ok before the issue occurred or has the issue always been there?
    - Use images and videos to help us understand the issue where possible

    If you are seeking RMA:
    - Please open a new topic rather than hijacking someone else's thread
    - Mark RMA posts with [DEFECTIVE] + <helpful description of issue>. We can then approve/disapprove each request
    - Completed RMA cases will be marked with [CLOSED]
    You can find the RMA guide [here]

    Resolved Issues
    - If you manage to fix an issue, please share your solution for the good of the community. It could help someone else in future.
    - If an issue is resolved the thread should be marked as [RESOLVED]. We can then sticky the thread to help people in future.

    What does troubleshooting support?
    - Hardware queries
    - Hardware issues that weren’t caused by you, e.g DOA board
    - Windows 10 specific issues
    User avatar
    Ben392
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 am

    Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:42 am

    Same problem now, anybody now how to solve the problem?

    The support of Lattepanda leaves to be desired.

    User avatar
    RandomDude
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:50 pm

    Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:09 pm

    Lattepanda

    Will you ever reply to this?
    You sent out a "Project update #24" on kickstarter telling people to come to the forums, but you don't respond.
    Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue....can you address it or replace it for us.
    I've never been able to boot once.

    User avatar
    LattePanda
    Site Admin
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 am

    RandomDude wrote:Lattepanda

    Will you ever reply to this?
    You sent out a "Project update #24" on kickstarter telling people to come to the forums, but you don't respond.
    Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue....can you address it or replace it for us.
    I've never been able to boot once.
    Sorry ,Just saw your update on this post. Did you email to us before ? And we send a mail to the address you left on the forum. Please check it if you can or contact us with techsupport@lattepanda.com for RMA .
    Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

    User avatar
    Ben392
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 am

    Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

    LattePanda wrote:
    RandomDude wrote:Lattepanda

    Will you ever reply to this?
    You sent out a "Project update #24" on kickstarter telling people to come to the forums, but you don't respond.
    Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue....can you address it or replace it for us.
    I've never been able to boot once.
    Sorry ,Just saw your update on this post. Did you email to us before ? And we send a mail to the address you left on the forum. Please check it if you can or contact us with techsupport@lattepanda.com for RMA .

    I send you an email 15 days ago and nobody answered, with a solution.
    As well send a email to DFrobotic and nobody answered, what a support ...

    User avatar
    RandomDude
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:50 pm

    Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 pm

    Thanks for getting back to me. I got the email and tired to reply, but my reply bounced back. Outlook said that your email doesn't exist.

    How else can i get a hold of you?

    User avatar
    maideii
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 3:15 am

    Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:52 am

    @RandomDude

    Is normal their tech support email got disconnection problem but that email will go through if you continue to send a few same emails until you didn't receive send error.

    I think their domain server is flooded with complain email that's why some of the email rejected by the server.

    This is how I had done before and they do received the email that without error receive messages. The trick 'keep send it until no error'

    User avatar
    LattePanda
    Site Admin
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

    Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:50 am

    sounds like a hardware issue, please follow the RMA guide here and we will turn everything around as quickly as we can. sorry for the inconvenience

    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=349
    Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

    User avatar
    LattePanda
    Site Admin
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

    Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:55 am

    oh dear! we are seeing this problem a lot. sorry for the inconvenience. we suspect it is because the bios chip has corrupted. you can follow the RMA guide here for a refund/replacement viewtopic.php?f=16&t=349
    Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

    User avatar
    Canities
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 am

    Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:30 pm

    LattePanda wrote:oh dear! we are seeing this problem a lot. sorry for the inconvenience. we suspect it is because the bios chip has corrupted. you can follow the RMA guide here for a refund/replacement viewtopic.php?f=16&t=349
    Am i to assume that this comment means everyone in this thread should RMA their LattePanda?

    User avatar
    LattePanda
    Site Admin
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

    Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:28 am

    if it cant boot then it seems to be a bad bios chip. you can try to reflash it using this tutorial.
    https://up-community.org/wiki/BIOS_chip_flashing
    we will be posting a more lattepanda-specific tutorial soon
    if it is not possible to do then then send it back to us and we will repair/replace.
    very sorry for the inconvenience!
    Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

    Post Reply