[DEFECTIVE] + <Red Light on, no booting>

If you're having trouble with your LattePanda, here's the place to get help.
Forum rules
    Post technical issues here.

    - Discussion tone should be kept polite and focused on facts
    - Vulgar language or flaming constitutes an instant ban
    - Please note we cannot support PM requests for help
    - Members are asked to post in English only so that posts can be well received and properly monitored
    - You can find the RMA guide [here]
    - Please check if your question has already been answered before opening a new thread. If it has not, please verify the following:


    - Have you tried a hard reset?
    - Are you using a 5V@2A+ power supply and a high quality USB cable?
    - Have you tried powering the board through the CN2 headers?
    - Have you tried a cooling solution such as a fan or heatsink?
    - Have you tried reinstalling drivers?
    - Have you tried reloading the operating system?
    - Have you tried flashing the BIOS?
    - Are you able to flash the BIOS at the hardware level?

    If you have not found a solution, post a new issue. To speed up the process please let us know:
    - Have you tried the solutions listed above?
    - What board are you using? Standard (2GB RAM/32GB eMMC) or Enhanced (4GB RAM/64GB eMMC)?
    - Have you tried any other solutions?
    - How long have you had your board for?
    - When did you first boot your board?
    - Did it work ok before the issue occurred or has the issue always been there?
    - Use images and videos to help us understand the issue where possible

    If you are seeking RMA:
    - Please open a new topic rather than hijacking someone else's thread
    - Mark RMA posts with [DEFECTIVE] + <helpful description of issue>. We can then approve/disapprove each request
    - Completed RMA cases will be marked with [CLOSED]
    You can find the RMA guide [here]

    Resolved Issues
    - If you manage to fix an issue, please share your solution for the good of the community. It could help someone else in future.
    - If an issue is resolved the thread should be marked as [RESOLVED]. We can then sticky the thread to help people in future.

    What does troubleshooting support?
    - Hardware queries
    - Hardware issues that weren’t caused by you, e.g DOA board
    - Windows 10 specific issues
    Post Reply
    User avatar
    xkc890711
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

    Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:16 pm

    Dear Lattepanda,

    I received my enhanced LP a couple months ago and it was working well until on one day i changed some bios settings and it never boots again with red light on since then. As browsing the forum, i reckon it shares the same symptom as the others have described: with red light on, no booting.

    I have tried all the possible regular approach to revive the board but i failed.

    Could you kindly approve the RMA request and i will send the board back to you for repairing/replacement please?

    Thank you.

    KC

    User avatar
    marek196c
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:37 pm

    Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:02 pm

    Hi man, I'm not Latte Panda team guy or something, but as you said, you broken your LP bios, so why they would replace it for you? Anyway if you messed up with your bios, on-line you can find copy of it and just plug it to an eeprom programmer (if you got) or go to local computer repair centre that got it...

    User avatar
    xkc890711
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

    Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:14 pm

    marek196c wrote:Hi man, I'm not Latte Panda team guy or something, but as you said, you broken your LP bios, so why they would replace it for you? Anyway if you messed up with your bios, on-line you can find copy of it and just plug it to an eeprom programmer (if you got) or go to local computer repair centre that got it...
    Hi Mate,

    Hold your thought and keep it yourself, i will wait for an official reply.

    Cheers!

    User avatar
    Aft3rburn
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:05 pm

    Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:41 am

    I'm Experiencing the same exact thing as you are.. I received my Enhanced LP on the 14th. It booted once, and then nothing.. no POST.. Shanghai has got some unknown to us westerners Autumn festival going on now until the 18th.. on the 19th I'm expecting a response from the folks at LP, hoping for a replacement for the same or improved model.. It seems that all Enhanced LP's manufactured lately are breaking.

    User avatar
    xkc890711
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

    Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:50 pm

    Aft3rburn wrote:I'm Experiencing the same exact thing as you are.. I received my Enhanced LP on the 14th. It booted once, and then nothing.. no POST.. Shanghai has got some unknown to us westerners Autumn festival going on now until the 18th.. on the 19th I'm expecting a response from the folks at LP, hoping for a replacement for the same or improved model.. It seems that all Enhanced LP's manufactured lately are breaking.
    Yah mate you are right there are a lot of people experiencing same issue. Reckon it is common for all LP. There was no failsafe for the BIOS in product design phase which should have been in place. Anyway, let's wait for their reply and good luck to you. Cheers!

    KC

    User avatar
    Aft3rburn
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:05 pm

    Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm

    yes likewise to you XKC!:) How about we reply to this thread if we hear anything new, or as our respective situations develop?:)

    User avatar
    LattePanda
    Site Admin
    Posts: 2689
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

    Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:19 am

    Aft3rburn wrote:yes likewise to you XKC!:) How about we reply to this thread if we hear anything new, or as our respective situations develop?:)
    you may send in for RMA
    Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

    Post Reply