Alpha 800 not possible to set SSD as boot device and long boot time into Bios

userHead slop 2019-02-03 00:19:40 1891 Views0 Replies
Hi,

a few days ago I received my little lattepanda Alpha. So far I'm quite excited about this little machine. But I have two issues I cant solve so far.

1. I build in a NVMe M.2 Samsung 970 Evo. Its found by the Bios under "Chipset-->NVMe" and I could also install an OS on the SSD (using a USB stick to boot). But its not possible to set the SSD as a boot device unter "Boot--> Boot Option Priorities. Its simply not shown....
So far I boot a Bootloader with an USB Stick and there I can select the SSD to boot from. IMG_1888.jpg IMG_1888.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1559 times CkJEkeJlSO6YDhBw9wCyPw_thumb_284e.jpg CkJEkeJlSO6YDhBw9wCyPw_thumb_284e.jpg (154.98 KiB) Viewed 1559 times 2. The first Bootup time into the BIOS is incredibly slow. Round about 1 minute. I'm using the original Latte Panda USB-C Power Adapter. I press the powerbutton a few seconds--> The blue light is solid. Then the Fan start and stops und starts stops and then nothing and again the fan starts and stops. After 1 minute I see the Lattepanda logo and the little machine starts and everything works as expected....
I made a little video of this behavior is you want.
Whats happend?

Bios version is 2.18.1263

I hope you can help me.