LattePanda Delta with Auto-power-on Feature

userHead LattePanda 2019-07-18 17:09:52 40837 Views24 Replies
Good news! Your Delta can also get the auto-power-on feature like other LattePanda boards. Now please follow us to set your Delta step by step.

PLEASE NOTE:
Although in our tests, there is no failure to boot after reflashing the EC, please back up your files in advance, and do not remove the power supply during the reflashing process, so as to avoid serious consequences.

What you need:
1. USB drive.
2. EC file.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mqmnsrigq7xj ... JO2Ba?dl=0
(Pls download the correct file according to your LattePanda Delta version.)

Instructions:
1. Copy the right EC files directly to root of the USB drive;
2. Plug your USB drive in Delta USB host, boot up the system;
3. Press “ESC” and go into the BIOS manu;
4. Navigate to Save & Exit. Choose “UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell” in Boot Override and press “Enter”; 1.jpg 1.jpg (378.92 KiB) Viewed 28048 times 5. Input your USB FS number and press enter. e.g. "fs3:";
6. Now type dir and press enter. This will list all content on the USB Drive;
7. Type in eFuitX64 /u S70GR100-0220-A.bin /faildelay and press enter.(You can also use “Tab” key to fast choose the right file) 2.jpg 2.jpg (342.6 KiB) Viewed 28048 times 8. ITE Flash Utility will load and do some flashing. Wait until it says Update EC Rom successfully! 3.jpg 3.jpg (654.23 KiB) Viewed 28048 times 9. Restart the system via pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del".
10. All Done! Your Delta can auto boot on power now.

If you want to restore your Delta to its oringinal status(without auto-boot feature), please dowload the default EC file and reflash it as the same instructions above.
Default EC file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mqmnsrigq7xj ... JO2Ba?dl=0
2021-12-09 17:20:28
holyburger wrote: ↑Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:41 am After a year, I gave this another shot seeing there's a new linux compatible upgrade. It works perfectly now.
I have the S70GR200 alias LattePanda Delta 432 with aluminium heatsink, running ubuntu server.

MODS - The namings and instuctions on the forum and github page are inconsistently messed up, please update the instructions and the screenshots.

How to get it to auto-power on (detailed):

1. Format a pendrive to FAT32, name it to WINPE

2. Download "(Compatible with LINUX)S70GR200 Delta Auto Power on.zip" from https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... 20power-on

3. Copy the files to the pendrive, so it should contain the 3 files in the root, in my case "eFuitX64.efi", "DF-EC-S70GR200_V0E-ON.bin" and "FEC64.NSH"

4. Plug in pendrive, start Lattepanda, bash ESC key to enter BIOS, navigate to "Save & Exit" and under "Boot Override" select "UEFI: Built-in EFI shell"

5. Wait untill you see "Shell>", you can navigate with page up & down to search for your pendrive which should be named something like "Removable HardDisk" - you need the one starting with fs, not blk

6. Change the drive to your pendrive by typing "fsX:" where X is the number previously searched

7. Type "dir" and you should see the copied files if you are on the correct drive

8. Type "eFuitX64.efi /u DF-EC-S70GR200_V0E-ON.bin /faildelay" - files names might differ in the future, also you can autocomplete the file names by pressing Tab

9. Wait until it completes the flashing, then restart by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del

10. Bash ESC key to enter BIOS once again, under "Boot" select "Machine Status AC/Battery In" and set it "Power on", then under "Save & Exit" select "Save Changes and Exit"

Enjoy:)
Just wanted to give feedback; thank you, it worked for me, however my BIOS didn't get the added option, instead LattePanda just powers on magically.
userHeadPic Habbe
2021-11-16 14:42:31 Thank you for your reply,
i will try again with your suggestion as soon as possible and i will tell you if it work .
userHeadPic mohamed-mardini
2021-11-16 04:42:56
mohamed-mardini wrote: ↑Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:51 pm hi
thanks for the specific instruction , i have two lattepanda delta devices
first one updated successfully
but the other one showed an error { EC ACK(0x33) Fail. }
do you have any information about this error?
by the way this device doesn't work right it had a boot problem and taking a long time to boot or even to enter the bios page.
Hi
I'm happy it helped you
I've never seen this error message, sorry.

Maybe run step 8 with "eFuitX64.efi /u DF-EC-S70GR200_V0E-ON.bin /p /b /n"
I don't know what "/p /b /n" flags mean, because the devs did not disclose it, but it was something I did not do and it might help in your case.
userHeadPic holyburger
2021-11-13 20:51:34 hi
thanks for the specific instruction , i have two lattepanda delta devices
first one updated successfully
but the other one showed an error { EC ACK(0x33) Fail. }
do you have any information about this error?
by the way this device doesn't work right it had a boot problem and taking a long time to boot or even to enter the bios page. Attachments 2021-11-13 at 3.29.48 PM.jpeg 2021-11-13 at 3.29.48 PM.jpeg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

attachments:

2021-11-13 at 3.29.48 PM.jpeg

userHeadPic mohamed-mardini
2021-11-04 08:41:52 After a year, I gave this another shot seeing there's a new linux compatible upgrade. It works perfectly now.
I have the S70GR200 alias LattePanda Delta 432 with aluminium heatsink, running ubuntu server.

MODS - The namings and instuctions on the forum and github page are inconsistently messed up, please update the instructions and the screenshots.

How to get it to auto-power on (detailed):

1. Format a pendrive to FAT32, name it to WINPE

2. Download "(Compatible with LINUX)S70GR200 Delta Auto Power on.zip" from https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... 20power-on

3. Copy the files to the pendrive, so it should contain the 3 files in the root, in my case "eFuitX64.efi", "DF-EC-S70GR200_V0E-ON.bin" and "FEC64.NSH"

4. Plug in pendrive, start Lattepanda, bash ESC key to enter BIOS, navigate to "Save & Exit" and under "Boot Override" select "UEFI: Built-in EFI shell"

5. Wait untill you see "Shell>", you can navigate with page up & down to search for your pendrive which should be named something like "Removable HardDisk" - you need the one starting with fs, not blk

6. Change the drive to your pendrive by typing "fsX:" where X is the number previously searched

7. Type "dir" and you should see the copied files if you are on the correct drive

8. Type "eFuitX64.efi /u DF-EC-S70GR200_V0E-ON.bin /faildelay" - files names might differ in the future, also you can autocomplete the file names by pressing Tab

9. Wait until it completes the flashing, then restart by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del

10. Bash ESC key to enter BIOS once again, under "Boot" select "Machine Status AC/Battery In" and set it "Power on", then under "Save & Exit" select "Save Changes and Exit"

Enjoy:)
userHeadPic holyburger
2021-08-20 10:19:31 this tutorial is for LattePanda Delta. Pls be sure you're using the right files for your LattePanda. userHeadPic LattePanda
2021-08-20 03:06:46 My company uses LattePandas for our product and we've been having issues with the auto power for this new batch.

We have the S70KR310 models at the moment. When I attempted to update the BIOS based on the directions I received an error message that says "your bin file is bigger than chip eflash size". At this point I am not sure how to proceed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is halting production.
userHeadPic dglick
2021-04-07 14:12:19 Hi,
Have you found a solution?

Can someone send me instructions with the current data here?

https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... wer-on.rar
userHeadPic ender
2021-02-22 21:54:42 I recall that this used to be only possible using the JST 4P connector. Is this new procedure compatible with the USB-C power source?

Edit: I've tried and the answer is yes.
userHeadPic gumby4231
2021-02-16 12:32:02 I found a solution for auto booting for Delta.

I reflashing "S70GR200 Delta Auto Power-on.rar" and "(Compatible with LINUX)S70GR200 ..." but both not working with auto booting.
Then I found this tutorial in Korea.
image.png image.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 7773 times You need to change setting from "BOOT" from bios menu like image.
"Machine Status AC/Battery In" to "Power On"

It works. I flashed with "(Compatible with LINUX)S70GR200 ..." but I am not sure both image works.
But I didn`t know it needs change setting from boot menu, because no one from LATTEPANDA told us like that. Its very ridiculous. Why they didn`t include this on the tutorial?

attachments:

image.png

userHeadPic zzzzpl
2021-02-10 11:11:58 Hi, pls download right file for your delta GR200. we tested it at our end and it workd perfectly.
https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... da%20Delta
userHeadPic LattePanda
2021-02-10 01:22:44 So this is still not working, right? No one on delta432 gr200 could get the auto power on working? I tried following all the instrutions thoroughly many times and got no luck.
I would never guess it could be the case when ordering the board, auto power on is so basic... Its very important to my project, @lattepanda are you planning to solve this in the end?
userHeadPic videoildar
2020-12-29 23:38:14
holyburger wrote: ↑Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:17 pm Hi

I have S70GR200 and I have tried this link:
https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... LattePanda%employee monitoring software%20Alpha%26Delta/LattePanda%20Delta/S70GR200%20Delta%20Auto%20power-on

Everything went fine, flashing was successful.

But when I pull the power cable out and plug it back in (simulating power outage) the device continously lights blue while the red light is flashing strong and weak light like a police car. This never happened before the flashing. This goes on for 3 seconds, then the red lights continously, the blue is flashing every 2 seconds. After this I can turn on manually, but it never turns on automatically.
I have double checked that I downloaded the right files, it was auto power on, not the original.
Please help me out with this
Hi,
Have you found a solution?
Can you pm me?
userHeadPic MAB
2020-12-29 02:00:47 Yeah - this just doesn't work. Delta 432 GR200. Same "eFuitX64.efi is not recognized as an internal or external command..." error as everyone else.

1. Your instructions and screenshots above are inaccurate. "eFruitX64 /u ..." or is it "eFruiteX64.efi /u ..." - Not sure the file extension is even relevant in the EFI shell, but details matter when making instructions.
2. Your Readme files at the link posted above to GitHub, has an entire section at step 9 with a file not included in the rar file. Do I need to do this step with my board? Where is this file if it is relevant to me???

"Use the “Tab” key to fast choose “AfuEfix64.efi” and “BS-7-S70KR200-K65A-B1A.Bin”, and Input “/p /b /n” .(DON'T need to input "/p /b /n" if you are reflashing LattePanda Delta) Then press “Enter” ;(The files' name could be different according to the BIOS type you choosed)"

3. I accidentally used a NTFS USB drive not named "WINPE" as I initially used the steps from this thread, everything failed exactly the same way as when I used a FAT32 drive named "WINPE". I guess this leads to a question of why include these steps in the GitHub Readme, yet not here if they are irrelevant... or are they?
4. Your instructions above in this thread call to use a "/faildelay" switch as the end of the eFruitX64 command, the Readme on GitHub does not. Is this required or not?

In the end, since I still have not been successful, I am left wondering why this is not just a switch inside of BIOS. Every other X86 board I have has this option. Could you not just release a bootable firmware update utility that just adds this function like every other X86 board manufacturer in the world? Alternately - you could clarify the issues multiple people here are having and fix your instructions or perhaps not have duplicate instructions in multiple places that do not align.
userHeadPic ethanfe
2020-09-04 16:36:34 @holyburger, the BIOS file download link is correct. Can you send the operation video to techsupport@lattepanda.com? we will help check it. userHeadPic LattePanda
2020-09-04 05:17:59 Hi

I have S70GR200 and I have tried this link:
https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... 20power-on
Everything went fine, flashing was successful.

But when I pull the power cable out and plug it back in (simulating power outage) the device continously lights blue while the red light is flashing strong and weak light like a police car. This never happened before the flashing. This goes on for 3 seconds, then the red lights continously, the blue is flashing every 2 seconds. After this I can turn on manually, but it never turns on automatically.
I have double checked that I downloaded the right files, it was auto power on, not the original.
Please help me out with this
userHeadPic holyburger
2020-08-27 02:40:32 Thank you. That worked, though it was a little confusing because the README wasn't specific to each type of Delta. I figured I should skip steps 9-12 since the file in those steps didn't exist inside the directory for my type of Delta and it mentions that file names may be different. That seems to have worked. Mine was the 110. userHeadPic dplorch
2020-08-26 10:56:09 @dplorch, pls check here for detailed tutorial.
https://github.com/LattePandaTeam/Latte ... da%20Delta
userHeadPic LattePanda
2020-08-26 10:30:27 I am also getting the error that "eFuitX64.efi is not recognized as an internal or external command..."
I have made certain I am in the right directory. I can see all 3 files. I have no ideas how to get past this. Please assist.
userHeadPic dplorch
2020-06-30 19:20:04
LattePanda wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am
dablitz1 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm I have tried this and I get " 'eFuitX64' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" could someone give me some direction?
Use "dir" to check if you are in the right directory and try to use "Tab" on keyboard to choose the app not input
I have done that, made several attempts. I will try again.
userHeadPic dablitz1