How to change the settings of your cooling fan on Alpha & Delta?

userHead LattePanda 2020-07-15 14:58:35 6717 Views9 Replies
Compatible Model:
LattePanda Alpha
LattePanda Delta

Steps:
1.Press ESC to enter BIOS menu and navigate to “Chipset”, you will find Temperature Threshold. (The BIOS page will vary from model to model, and some versions have this temperature Threshold option under the Advanced menu) temperature threshold.jpg temperature threshold.jpg (249.17 KiB) Viewed 6517 times 2.Choose a lower starting temperature.
3.Your cooling fan will start to spin at a lower temperature to get better heat dissipation.

Answers:
The default setting for the fan on the board is: Start 70℃ Stop 60℃.
So your fan doesn’t spin if the motherboard temperature has not reached 70℃. By lowering the temperature of the fan in BIOS, the motherboard temperature can be controlled lower to achieve better heat dissipation effect.
2022-09-13 02:58:24

Please is it possible to control the fan manually? I'd use this on a film set - during rolling, I'd minimize fan at the cost of slowly rising temperatures, and once cut, I'd raise RPM to max to rapidly cool things down.

I can even imagine intercepting the fan wire and controlling via the onboard arduino etc, but judging from photos, it seems to me the fan is connected to the board somewhere under the metallic block of the cooler..? btw I'd use windows.

Thanks so much in advance!

userHeadPic ervinjason
2022-09-08 03:03:25

Please is it possible to control the fan manually? I'd use this on a film set - during rolling, I'd minimize fan at the cost of slowly rising temperatures, and once cut, I'd raise RPM to max to rapidly cool things down.I can even imagine intercepting the fan wire and controlling via the onboard arduino etc, but judging from photos, it seems to me the fan is connected to the board somewhere under the metallic block of the cooler..?btw I'd use windows.Thanks so much in advance!

userHeadPic StepanKment
2020-09-01 10:00:51 @jdevora, LattePanda Alpha m3 7y30 that you are using is the old version. The Fan Settings in the BIOS only controls the speed of alpha's built-in fan(the 5V FAN headers on Alpha). userHeadPic LattePanda
2020-08-29 08:43:14
LattePanda wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:12 am @isp, currently only the new version can adjust the fan speed.
Is there a way to find out from the Linux command line, if I have a "new version" or an "old version"?

Isn't there any other way to control the fan speed?
Even an "add on" using the expansion ports?

Cheers
JD Evora
userHeadPic jdevora
2020-08-20 14:12:56 @isp, currently only the new version can adjust the fan speed. userHeadPic LattePanda
2020-08-19 20:16:39 Will the non "smart"-modes or even the smart mode make it to the older* Alpha 8xxs too? I have some temperature problems and would like to have my fan running on full blast, which i think i doesn't currently. userHeadPic isp
2020-07-24 11:44:03 @ender, "Smart" Fan speed Control will be added to the new batches of Alpha 864s too. userHeadPic LattePanda
2020-07-22 19:59:57 lattepanda alpha 864s "Smart" Fan speed Control ??? userHeadPic ender
2020-07-15 15:10:15 Update:
The latest version of LattePanda Delta(S70GR200) already supports smart mode. The cooling fan is set to smart mode by default. You can choose the appropriate mode as per your requirements. smart temperature.jpg smart temperature.jpg (298.57 KiB) Viewed 6515 times

attachments:

smart temperature.jpg

userHeadPic LattePanda