Beta Ubuntu Image for LattePanda - Official version

General Info and Announcements from the LatteTeam and Distributors
User avatar
Kellman616
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 am

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:57 am

CSSL wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am
Just tried the Beta Ubuntu Image. My BIOS is the latest and BIOS setup is set to default. Installing the image works fine. I am using a 19" philips display . Audio and HDMI is OK. WiFi and Bluetooth is not working al all. Do you have any hints to make WiFi /Bluetooth working.
Did you use Rufus to deploy the image? :?:

User avatar
LattePanda
Site Admin
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 am

CSSL wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am
Just tried the Beta Ubuntu Image. My BIOS is the latest and BIOS setup is set to default. Installing the image works fine. I am using a 19" philips display . Audio and HDMI is OK. WiFi and Bluetooth is not working al all. Do you have any hints to make WiFi /Bluetooth working.
Actually we've tested WIFI and Bluetooth feature on Beta image. Would you mind to check if it's caused by weak wifi signal? Did you connect the WIFI antenna already?
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

User avatar
LattePanda
Site Admin
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 am

Zoriy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 pm
It would be great if there were two OS releases: desktop and server.
Hi, sounds great . How about releasing a kernel pack for different Linux distros? Then you can test it on Ubuntu server version.
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

User avatar
Zoriy
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am

Kellman616 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:57 am
CSSL wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am
Just tried the Beta Ubuntu Image. My BIOS is the latest and BIOS setup is set to default. Installing the image works fine. I am using a 19" philips display . Audio and HDMI is OK. WiFi and Bluetooth is not working al all. Do you have any hints to make WiFi /Bluetooth working.
Did you use Rufus to deploy the image? :?:
At default BIOS settings, WIFI / Bluetooth does not work. You need Change SCC SDIO support from ACPI Mode to PCI Mode.

User avatar
Zoriy
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am

LattePanda wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 am
Zoriy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 pm
It would be great if there were two OS releases: desktop and server.
Hi, sounds great . How about releasing a kernel pack for different Linux distros? Then you can test it on Ubuntu server version.
This is also an option.
Please pay attention to my previous post https://www.lattepanda.com/topic-p14985.html#p14985. It seems that when rebooting something does not happen with Bluetooth at the level of hardware. Perhaps the same error affects the WiFi.

User avatar
alwaysintao
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:45 am

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Wondering if anyone tried restarting the bluetooth service after boot or even just toggling the icon. i.e. sudo /etc/init.d/servicename restart

User avatar
LattePanda
Site Admin
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 am

Hi, did you meet the Bluetooth connection problem? Can this be solved in the way you mentioned? :?:
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

User avatar
Netech
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:48 am

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 am

Cant get this to boot on CR110-C34C with 32 bit efi

User avatar
LattePanda
Site Admin
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Netech wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 am
Cant get this to boot on CR110-C34C with 32 bit efi
We didnt test it on CR110 for full feature. But I think if you change your bios to 64bit efi following the guide of LattePanda official github,then it's possible to boot.
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

User avatar
LattePanda
Site Admin
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 am

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:28 am

CSSL wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am
Just tried the Beta Ubuntu Image. My BIOS is the latest and BIOS setup is set to default. Installing the image works fine. I am using a 19" philips display . Audio and HDMI is OK. WiFi and Bluetooth is not working al all. Do you have any hints to make WiFi /Bluetooth working.
Try this:
At default BIOS settings, WIFI / Bluetooth does not work. You need Change SCC SDIO support from ACPI Mode to PCI Mode.

Suggested by Zoriy.
Enjoy Tinkering with LattePanda ! :lol:

Post Reply